Carbon Monoxide Monitors

Badly installed or maintained appliances can cause carbon monoxide leaks. Carbon monoxide is a highly poisonous gas If there is too little air, or the vent/ flue is blocked the carbon monoxide is unable to escape. This can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning which is very dangerous and can kill quickly. Annual gas safety checks, along with Carbon Monoxide monitors will identify this problem and the gas safe engineer will be able to rectify it. Other things that can be prevented by landlords gas certificates are gas leaks, fire or explosions.

Carbon Monoxide monitors are devices that detect the presence of Carbon Monoxide gas in order to prevent Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

Being that Carbon Monoxide is a colourless and odourless gas it is very hard to detect unless you have carbon monoxide monitorsinstalled in your home. Carbon Monoxide is often referred to as the “silent killer”, taking the lives of between 40 and 50 people in England each year.

Some of the symptoms of mild Carbon Monoxide poisoning are headaches, nausea, dizziness, abdominal pain, sore throat, dry cough and vomiting.

The symptoms of sever Carbon Monoxide poisoning are fast and irregular heart rate, hyperventilation, drowsiness, confusion, memory loss, difficulty breathing and in worst case seizures and lack of consciousness.

When booking in a landlords gas certificate at the same time as a boiler service you can purchase carbon monoxide monitors for the reduced rate of £20 (including VAT), a saving of £7.

To book in with Landlords Gas Certificates to have your gas certificates CP12’s completed or for supply of carbon monoxide monitors please call us on 020 3394 2168 or send us an email to info@landlords-gas-certificates.co.uk